And now every liberal is going to wax poetic about what an “inspiration” Mandela was to them, appropriating his legacy because liberalism is who you are and not what you do, while ignoring every revolutionary principal he actually stood for. America, the country that supported apartheid for decades and labeled Mandela a terrorist is going to distort his teachings and tokenize him like Martin Luther King Jr. to no end.
I AM A STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMAN WHO DON’T NEED NO MAN-
but maybe a cute boy would be nice idk
That’s nice, thanks for sharing. Now, let me tell you what I find strange.
- I find it strange that you, along with millions of others are so pathologically inclined towards violence against people abroad that you the only possible outcomes which exist to you are killing people and also killing people.
- I find it strange that you’d group me with contemporary neoliberals when 77% have been proven to approve drone strikes.
- I find the polemics of American politics strange, when in reality they share more similarities than differences. That liberals and conservatives supposedly exist in binaries when their outlook on foreign policy is identical and their domestic policies only shift so minimally, ultimately preserving the status quo globally, as shown by the continuous change from Republican to Democratic president with no substantial progress to be had.
- I find the historical amnesia of American consciousness strange; that you can so easily forget who bankrolled the mujahideen in the late 70’s to fight the Soviets during the Cold war in Afghanistan and onwards into the next two decades, even as far as proclaiming their heroic behavior “equivalent to that of the founding fathers”, here’s an entire PDF lest we conveniently forget. I find it strange that American taxpayer dollars did more to foster militant groups than Pakistani or Afghan or Yemeni or Somali civilians ever have and these same civilians live the impact and devastation of such groups everyday, while being forced to pay for their crimes.
- I find your utter disregard for human life that you masquerade as chic political leanings strange.
- I find it strange that many reports have shown that militant groups can easily exploit the pain and suffering of innocent civilians to establish anti American sentiments and even recruit new members (here and here).
I find it strange that I can keep posting articles, news clips and statistics that prove how unethical and counterproductive drone warfare has been and still get questions like this.